Alignment Launches Summer 2024 Internship Recruitment
Summer Internship Programs
The summer internship program is a work-based learning opportunity that allows students to explore a career through placement with a local employer. Students applying for the internships are primarily juniors entering their senior year of high school.
Hosting organizations will make the final decision on student placement through a resume review and interview process. All internship offerings in the form of position descriptions must be confirmed before March 1 for advertisement to students by March 6.
Please direct position descriptions and any questions about the summer internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Internship Program
Internship placements will focus primarily on students enrolled in the academies or career and technical education courses. All internships are competitive, and placement is not guaranteed.
- Experience directly related to their career interests.
- Resume and interviewing skills.
- Elective class credit for the experience.
- Payment for the experience as a stipend for 60 hours or compensation at an hourly rate from the sponsoring organization.
- A minimum of a 60-hour learning experience for a specified number of students.
- A one-page position description with a suggested work schedule. Examples are available. Please request more information by email at: email@example.com.
- A signed MOU prepared by the school districts explaining the responsibilities of the hosting organization and the school district once the student is placed.
- Assignment that must be completed between June 3 and August 2.
Thank you for your consideration to be a part of the summer internship program preparing students for successful transition to the future workforce.