In January 2023, United Way Metro Chicago placed its first Neighborhood Network in Elgin championed by the Alignment Collaborative for Education. The Neighborhood Network was formed from an initial investment from Nicor Gas directing $600,000 to the greater Elgin area for the next four years.
The Elgin Neighborhood Network will focus on future workforce development for the region working with school districts U-46, 300, and 301 along with Alignment’s more than 200 business, community, and postsecondary partners.
Vision of the Elgin Neighborhood Network
Investing in youth and families to ensure the future strength of the community and its workforce.
Network Infrastructure Priorities
- Identify all workforce development youth initiatives in the region across industry clusters to build capacity and alignment.
- Strengthen governance and engagement of volunteers that support Alignment’s Neighborhood Network priorities.
- Improve college and career readiness communications between students, families, schools, and the community.
Network Program Priorities
- Increase exposure of teachers, counselors, and students to career opportunities.
- Increase parent related programming to improve academic and career preparation opportunities for students.
Elgin Neighborhood Network Committee
Senior Assistant Director
Kane County Sheriff’s Office
Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
Hoffer Plastics, Inc.
Hampton Lenzini and Renwick Inc.
Educational Pathways A-Team
City Of Elgin
Assistant City Manager
City of Elgin
Chief Operating Officer
Gail Borden Public Library
Chief Financial Officer
Western Smokehouse Partners
Director of Regional Operations
The Overture Group