The Alignment Collaborative for Education is a collective impact organization of business and community leaders from 11 communities working in partnership with school districts U-46, 300, and 301 to deliver a qualified, future workforce eager to live and work within their communities.
Investing in youth to ensure the future strength of the community and its workforce.
- Strengthen governance and engagement of volunteers that support Alignment’s Neighborhood Network priorities.
- Identify and align all workforce development youth initiatives in the region across industry clusters.
- Improve college and career readiness communications between students, families, schools, and the community.
- Increase exposure of teachers, counselors, and students to career opportunities across industry clusters.
- Increase parent related programming to improve academic and career preparation opportunities for students
Scope of Alignment’s Work:
- Educational and Career Pathways – Ensuring students have the opportunity to graduate academic and career ready.
- Teacher Pipeline – Developing and mentoring future teachers from high school to university degree completion.
- Neighborhood Network– Building a future workforce development collaboration for the greater Elgin area.
Benefits of Alignment:
- Economic Development – A community of choice for businesses and family
- Greater ROI – Community resources leveraged for broader impact
- Higher Quality Services – Community that matches its expertise to address economic and social needs
- Enhanced Capacity – Community utilizing collective impact for systemic, long-term change