Purpose of Alignment A-Teams
The Alignment Collaborative for Education partnering with School District U-46 works to address the academic, emotional and social needs of our community’s youth represented by more than 38,000 students. A-Teams built of community subject-area experts and U-46 staff address the areas of highest need:
- Increasing Early Education Preparation
- Building Trauma Informed Care School Cultures
- Ensuring Students Leave High School Prepared for the Global Workplace
The Need for Early Education Collaboration
- Today 60% of students are entering U-46 Kindergarten not meeting literacy benchmarks.
- For 2017, less than 30% of third graders tested as prepared to advance to 4th grade based on PARCC assessment results.
The Need for Trauma Informed Care Collaboration
- School District U-46 estimates that over 30% of its students experience multiple adverse childhood experiences
- Approximately 60% of U-46 students are low-income.
The Need for Educational Pathways Collaboration
- All students need greater awareness of local career opportunities to make informed career pathway decisions.
- All students should have access to the local business community and work-based learning opportunities.